- Task Forces & Work Groups
- Housing Opportunities For All Work Group
Housing Opportunities For All Work Group
What is the Housing Opportunities For All Workgroup?
Developing an effective housing policy, comprised of strategies that develop housing for all, benefits the healthy, social and economic development of the entire County. The Housing Opportunities for All Workgroup, established by Council Resolution-16- 2019, is charged with assisting the County with setting priorities and implementing the Comprehensive Housing Strategy Report , entitled "Housing Opportunity for All" for Prince George’s County. The purpose of the Workgroup is to provide advice on any proposed legislation and/or changes for consideration by the County to the County’s policies, regulations, procedures, and distribution of County resources.
The Housing Opportunities for All Workgroup utilizes the Comprehensive Housing Strategy Report and other data resources to create the framework of a housing policy; create benchmarks to be monitored and distributed transparently; provide quarterly updates and submit an annual report by January 1st outlining activities, the status of implementation, and recommendations to be applied in the upcoming budget and calendar years
What is the legislative history behind the formation of the Workgroup?
- The Prince George’s County Council established a Comprehensive Housing Strategy Ad-Hoc Housing Subcommittee, by Council Resolution-13-2016, to work with the Department of Housing and Community Development, consultants and citizen advisory groups to initiate and develop a Comprehensive Housing Strategy.
- After working with stakeholders over a two-year period, a County Comprehensive Strategy Report, “Housing Opportunity for All,” was developed and finalized in March 2019.
- On Tuesday, April 2, 2019, the County Council unanimously adopted CR-16-2019, establishing the Housing Opportunities for All Workgroup.
- Initial term of Workgroup: Two years from the date of adoption for CR-16-2019. Housing Opportunities for All Workgroup may be reauthorized in subsequent years by Council Resolution.
June 7, 2022
HOFA Transmittal Letter - 3rd Year Annual Report
June 7, 2022
Prince George’s County Housing Opportunities for All Workgroup Annual Report to the County Executive and County Council
March 2021 – March 2022 | Published April 2022
|Dannielle Glaros||PHED Committee Chair||County Council|
|Aspasia Xypolia||Director||Dept. of Housing & Community Development|
|David Iannucci||Executive Director||Economic Development Corporation|
|David C. Harrington||President & CEO||Prince George's Chamber of Commerce|
|DeFeras Qumseya||Vice-President, Development||Foulger-Pratt|
|Melinda Bolling||Director||Dept. of Permitting, Inspections and Enforcement|
|Gloria Brown-Burnett||Director||Dept. of Social Services|
|Ted Kowaluk||Planning Coordinator||Dept. of Planning|
|Yolanda L. Hawkins-Bautista||Chairperson||Housing Authority|
|Jessica Quincosa, Esq.||Executive Director||Community Legal Service of Prince George's County, Inc.|
|Sherman Hardy||Board of Directors||Association of Realtors|
|Ashanti Martinez||Government & Strategic Specialist||CASA de Maryland|
|Erin Bradley||Vice-President, Government Affairs||Apartment & Office Building Association|
|Lillian Martin||Mayor, Fairmont Heights||Municipal League|
|Nathaniel Forman||Attorney||Maryland Business Industry Association|
|Jesse Buggs||Director, Housing & Homelessness||City of Bowie|
|Pastor Anthony G. Maclin||Board Member||Collective Empowerment Group|
|Sarah Basehart||Executive Director||Independence Now|
|Joy Hall||Senior Strategic Policy Advisor||AARP|
|Maryann Dillon||Executive Director||Housing Initiative Partnerships|
|Donna Hurley||Executive Director||Housing Options & Planning Enterprises, Inc.|
How is the Workgroup structured?
The Housing Opportunities for All Workgroup is composed of 19 members:
- Prince George’s County Council Chair or designee (Workgroup Co-Chair)
- Department of Housing and Community Development Director or designee (Workgroup Co-Chair)
- Chamber of Commerce President & CEO or designee
- Economic Development Corporation President & CEO or designee
- Department of Planning Director or designee
- Housing Authority Board Chairman or designee
- One representative from each: Prince George’s County Association of Realtors; CASA de Maryland; Prince George’s County Municipal Association; Maryland Building Industry Association, Prince George’s Chapter; Apartment and Office Building Association (ADBA); City of Bowie (County’s Fair Housing Partner)
- One representative from each category in the following areas jointly selected by the County Executive and the County Council Chair: Senior Community; Nonprofit/Faith Community; Housing Advocacy Organization; Disability Community; Non-profit housing developer and For-profit housing developer.
- At minimum, the Workgroup will meet quarterly, unless otherwise required by the County Council or Workgroup Co-Chairs.
How does the Housing Opportunities for All Workgroup benefit Prince George’s County?
There is value in having a Housing Opportunities for All Workgroup to assist Prince George’s County with the creation and monitoring of a Countywide Housing Policy, and provide guidance and assistance with implementing comprehensive strategies to promote and preserve housing for all; provide guidance and innovation in financing tools and redistribution of County resources; promote strategies for equitable access to healthcare, education, jobs, and transportation; and assist the County assess barriers to fair, affordable, diverse and quality housing opportunities to meet the existing and future needs for the County’s diverse populations.