Council Meeting Operations
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 8, 2022
The County Council is currently experiencing technical difficulties with its in-house meeting production operations. This means, pursuant to Council Rule 4.7, that all Council sessions will be conducted virtually until further notice. Please follow Council sessions online at https://pgccouncil.us/Live We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, as technicians work as quickly as possible to resolve the issue. For queries about public participation in virtual Council sessions during this time, please email ClerkoftheCouncil@co.pg.md.us
EFFECTIVE MARCH 9, 2022
Per the decision announced by the County Executive, effective March 9, 2022, at 5:00 p.m., the Prince George’s County State of Emergency expired. In an abundance of caution and given the current state of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the County Council is now operating under the following procedures:
- All necessary County Council sessions, public hearings and regular and budget committee meetings will continue to take place as determined by Council leadership and will be accessible in a hybrid manner -- both virtually and in-person. All meetings of the County Council will continue to be live-streamed.
- The public will be welcome to attend in-person meetings. Attendance at meetings will be at reduced capacity and continue to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Safety precautions such as masks, temperature checks, and maintaining social distance for in-person service or participation within the Legislative Branch proceedings are strongly encouraged. The public will be accommodated in overflow rooms in the event that capacity is limited.
- While the threat to health and safety remains present, and to maintain the safety of Council, staff, and members of the public, the alternative methods of public participation will remain in place. Alternative public participation, as previously provided by CR-10-2020, includes remote teleconferencing, the utilization of digital technology, the web, email, and live streaming, where such meetings, sessions or hearings are to be held. We strongly encourage anyone who is feeling ill or exhibiting symptoms to view and/or participate virtually.
- Visitors to the Legislative Branch for in-person services or meetings will be requested to register and provide contact information, in the event contract tracing is required.
- The Zoning Hearing Examiner, the Board of Appeals and all County Council appointed work groups, task forces and commissions in-person meetings and/or hearings continue to operate virtually, using alternative public participation options, including utilization of digital technology or teleconferencing.
Written Testimony / Comments /Documents
Written testimony or comments for public hearings and committee meetings will continue to be accepted via the Council’s eComment portal. Eligible items are posted weekly on the webpage. Electronic submittals, using the Council’s eComment portal, are strongly encouraged; however, for those unable to use the portal, comments/written correspondence may be emailed to: ClerkoftheCouncil@co.pg.md.us or faxed to (301) 952-5178. Submissions are to be received by 3:00 p.m. on the day before the County Council session, public hearing, or committee meeting.
All testimony and comments received by the deadline will become part of the public record of the meeting and, when feasible, noted at the meeting. They will be shared with the Council Members, Council staff and other County agency staff.
Zoning Hearing Examiner and Board of Appeals:
Upon notification of an evidentiary hearing before the Zoning Hearing Examiner or Board of Appeals, any interested party shall submit documents for the record in person, by email, by other electronic portals, or in the County provided drop box. Electronic submittals are strongly encouraged. A hard copy of all large Site Plans/documents must also be submitted in person or deposited in the County provided drop box. All documents for the record shall be submitted no later than five (5) business days before the scheduled evidentiary hearing. With permission from the Zoning Hearing Examiner or Board of Appeals, a party may submit supplemental documents for the record after this date or at the evidentiary hearing.
Testimony and comments be accepted via social media or by telephone.
Mail delivery is an essential function, and mail continues to be delivered to the Legislative Branch and Council Member offices. Some delivery and processing delays may occur. Please contact your Council Member’s office or the Clerk of the Council via electronic mail for time sensitive issues and/or requests. Direct communication with Council Members regarding a pending land use or zoning matter is considered Ex Parte and is prohibited. Therefore, please refrain from written or verbal communication with any Council Member regarding pending land use or zoning matters.
These policies are in effect until otherwise changed and, any future changes to them, will be communicated on the County Council website, County Council social media channels, via Alert Prince George’s, and will be shared with the press via a press release. The County Council will continue to monitor and assess any need for additional adjustments.
For the latest dates visit: County Council Calendar
For updates on COVID-19 in Prince George’s County, please visit the Health Department’s dedicated web page, www.health.mypgc.us/coronavirus or call the Health Department Coronavirus Hotline at 301.883.6627 daily between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.