The Prince George’s County Council believes local nonprofits represent an important and critical component of the County’s overall efforts to help address the human, social, education, recreation and service needs central to building and maintaining strong communities.
Each year, through a formal application process, the Prince George's County Council appropriates funds to support nonprofit organizations throughout the County in the form of :
County Council Grant Process
To provide for greater transparency and full accountability of the Council's grant fund allocation and designation programs, modifications are continuing to be made to the Grant programs processes to further strengthen transparency and ensure the continuing integrity of the Council's Grant Programs.
Grant program processing requirements, are briefly summarized below:
- Only original signed applications will be accepted. Note: When submitting applications for consideration to multiple Council Members each application requires an original signature.
- All required documents must be submitted each year
- Submission of a grant application request does not guarantee award of a grant
- The requested amount for a grant is not guaranteed to be awarded
- Receipt of a grant in a previous year does not guarantee award of a grant for the current year
Accountability for County funding is required:
- Each program or service has a measurable / quantifiable outcomes that can be reported
- Organization maintains adequate financial records and statements to account for all sources of funding, including County funding
- Organization maintains adequate records and documentation to facilitate an independent audit by a CPA firm or by the Prince George’s County Office of Audits and Investigations
Grant funds cannot be used:
- For Political Advocacy
- To benefit a For-Profit Entity
- To benefit, directly or indirectly, a Non-Profit / Tax-Exempt entity which has lost its IRS tax-exempt status
The following documents MUST be submitted with each application:
- Attachment A, For Organizations with a total revenue of less than $10,000.
- Attachment B, Organization’s funding received from Prince George’s County Government
- Financial Reports
- Mission/Purpose of the Organization
- Narrative of the proposed use of requested funds
- IRS Form W-9 (Original)
- Most Current IRS Tax-Exempt Status Letter
- Organization By-Laws, Articles of Incorporation
- If applicable, current Letter of Good Standing for Organizations that are a component of a larger umbrella organization (i.e. PTAs & Boys and Girls Clubs)
- Completed Prince George’s County Authorization for Electronic Funds Transfer Form (Mandatory per County Council Bill CB-074-2016)
- Roster of the Organization’s current Board of Directors & Staff Members
- IRS Form 990, 990-EZ, 990-N, or other applicable tax return
- Independent Audit or Review performed by a Certified Public Accountant (if available); required for all organizations with total Revenue from all Sources of $300,000 or more.