- The Council
The Prince George’s County Council believes local nonprofits represent an important and critical component of the County’s overall efforts to help address the human, social, education, recreation and service needs central to building and maintaining strong communities.
County Council Grant Programs
To provide for greater transparency and full accountability of the Council’s grant fund allocation and designation programs, modifications are continuing to be made to the grant programs processes to further strengthen transparency and ensure the continuing integrity of the Council’s grant programs.
Each year, through a formal application process, the Prince George’s County Council allocates funds to support non-profit organizations throughout the County in the form of:
Special Appropriation Grants- Awarded by individual Council Members throughout the Fiscal Year in response to applications received from non-profit organizations.
Non-Departmental Grants- Only submit an application if notified by letter of tentative grant award.
Stadium Impact Area Mitigation Grants- Only submit an application if notified by letter of tentative grant award.
Domestic Violence Grants - A separate Prince George’s County domestic violence grant application shall be utilized for Organizations applying for a domestic violence grant award. Please see the Prince George's County domestic violence grant program web page located here.
All grant applications will be submitted electronically only to SUBMITPGCOUNCILGRANT@co.pg.md.us This email is for Grant Submissions only. All other correspondence should continue to be emailed to: PGCCOUNCILGRANTS@co.pg.md.us
All FY2023 grant applications must be submitted by 5pm on June 2, 2023.
Grant program requirements, are briefly summarized below:
- Organizations Must Be in Good Standing with the Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation (MD SDAT)
- Organizations Must be Registered Under the Maryland Solicitations Act, as a charitable organization soliciting in Maryland, with the Office of the Secretary of State. Additional Information can be found at https://sos.maryland.gov/Charity/Pages/Registering-Charity.aspx
- When submitting applications for consideration to multiple Council Members each application requires all requested documents.
- All required documents must be submitted each year
- Submission of a grant application request does not guarantee award of a grant
- The requested amount for a grant is not guaranteed to be awarded
- Receipt of a grant in a previous year does not guarantee award of a grant for the current year
- Accountability for County funding is required
- Each program or service must have a measurable / quantifiable outcome that can be reported
- Organizations must maintain adequate financial records and statements to account for all sources of funding, including County funding, as well as all expenditures
- Organizations must maintain adequate records and documentation to facilitate an independent audit by a CPA firm or by the Prince George’s County Office of Audits and Investigations
Grant funds cannot be used:
- For Political Purpose or Advocacy
- To benefit a For-Profit Entity
- To benefit, directly or indirectly, a Non-Profit / Tax-Exempt entity which has lost its IRS tax-exempt status
The following documents MUST be submitted with each application:
· Current MD Charity Certificate of Registration
· IRS Form W-9
· Completed Prince George’s County Authorization for Electronic Funds Transfer Form
· Most Current IRS Tax-Exempt Status Letter
· If applicable, current Letter of Good Standing for Organizations that are a component of a larger umbrella organization (i.e. PTAs & Boys and Girls Clubs)
· Provide a line item budget for the requested grant funds which details the intended use of the of the grant
· Provide an Organizational Budget which includes the requested grant funds
· Attachment A – Organizations with total annual revenue of less than $10,000 (If Applicable)
· Attachment B - Mission/Purpose of the Organization
· Attachment C - Narrative description of the proposed use of requested grant funds
· Attachment D - Narrative description of all grants the Organization currently has or has previously received from the County Council over the past 5 years (2016-2020)
· Attachment E - Narrative description of all grants the Organization currently has or has previously received from the Prince George’s County Government over the past 5 years (2016-2020)
· Financial Reports (See Financial Information Section on Application for Instructions)
· Organization’s By-Laws, Articles of Incorporation
· Roster of the Organization’s current Board of Directors & Staff Members
· IRS Form 990, 990-EZ, 990-N, or other applicable tax return
· Independent Audit or Review performed by a Certified Public Accountant (if available); required for all organizations with total Revenue from all Sources of $300,000 or more.