COUNCIL APPROVES LEGISLATION ADVANCING ZONING ORDINANCE REWRITE WITH UPDATES TO ZONING ORDINANCE AND SUBDIVISION REGULATIONS
Countywide Map Amendment Process Moves Forward
The Prince George’s County Council, during session on Tuesday, November 16, 2021, unanimously approved several pieces of legislation providing technical and administrative updates to the County’s new Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Regulations. The new Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Regulations were adopted by the Council on October 23, 2018 and require adoption of the Countywide Map Amendment (CMA) to become effective.
Council Chair Calvin S. Hawkins, II, looks forward to the CMA process moving toward conclusion.
"Updating the County’s 50-year-old County Zoning Ordinance will be a game-changer for Prince George’s County, and Council approval of these measures brings us another step closer to providing our County and its communities with the tools to attract the economic development opportunities residents deserve.”
District 3 Council Member Dannielle Glaros noted the collaborative efforts to move the CMA process forward.
“The process of updating our County’s 50-plus-year-old zoning regulations began in 2018 during my tenure as Council Chair, and we knew, even then, legislation of that magnitude may require clarification or reconciliation of various items. I’m grateful to the dedicated team of County Council, Planning Board, and Executive Branch staff who came together to draft these technical bills.”
Technical and administrative changes to the Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Regulations are found in the following measures:
- CB-088-2021 An Act concerning Subdivision Regulations, Subtitle 24
- CB-090-2021 An Ordinance concerning the Neighborhood Conservation Overlay Zone
- CB-077-2021 An Ordinance concerning the Urban Centers ad Corridor Nodes Development and Zoning Code
- CB-084-2021 An Ordinance Concerning the Zoning Ordinance for the purpose of revising the Landscape Manual
- CB-098-2021 An Ordnance concerning the Zoning Ordinance, Subtitle 27
- CB-099-2021 An Ordinance Concerning Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Regulations, and Policy Area Designations
- CB-103-2021 An Ordinance concerning the Zoning Ordinance for the purpose of establishing regulations for a Neighborhood Conservation Overlay (NCO) Zone applicable to designated portions of the City of Mount Rainier.
- CB-104-2021 for the purpose of establishing regulations for a Neighborhood Conservation Overlay (NCO) Zone applicable to designated portions of the City of Greenbelt
- CR-128-2021 A resolution concerning planning area boundaries
- CR-133-2021 A Resolution concerning zoning-municipal corporations-delegation of powers